I used to keep my eyes away from grandma's protruding veins
Mình đang lập 1 challenge nhỏ nằm trong khuôn khổ challenge lớn 100 bài Viết để Thấy, tên em là Behind the Fear. Mục đích chính để...
Mình đang lập 1 challenge nhỏ nằm trong khuôn khổ challenge lớn 100 bài Viết để Thấy, tên em là Behind the Fear. Mục đích chính để trau dồi thêm kiến thức và hiểu biết về mọi mặt đời sống, thông qua những thứ trước giờ bản thân sợ, không dám nhìn, không dám nghĩ đến, bằng mọi cách trốn tránh. Mình chọn tìm đọc thông tin bằng tiếng Anh, sau đó sắp xếp và viết lại theo cách hiểu của mình. Vậy là một công tam việc: bớt sợ đời hơn, hiểu biết nhiều hơn, vốn liếng tiếng Anh tốt hơn.
- Enemies of Gorgeous Legs
- What is the difference between Spider and Varicose Veins?
- Who are the likely victims?
- How to prevent Varicose and Spider Veins?
- What are the treatment options and tips to manage Varicose Veins?
Enemies of Gorgeous Legs
What is your idea of gorgeous legs? Would your top of mind’s ones at the moment be a strong and athletic, or long and thin pair?
Whatever shape you prefer, I believe that none of us expect Spider or Varicose veins on our legs as they seem to be so scary that most of us avoid even thinking of.
However, it is said that the fears we don’t face become our limits. Thus, this series, with the hashtag of #behindthefear, was born to encourage me (or us, if we are on the same boat) to go through inner fear by discovering the facts behind it. Today’s discovery is about Spider and Varicose veins that you may have seen on your legs, or on other older relatives’.
What is the difference between Spider and Varicose Veins?
Spider Veins are those small thin blue blood vessels, which are harmless as well as painless. Spider Veins can be seen under our skin.
On the other hand, Varicose Veins are stretched-out, ropey vein, which protrude (stick out) from the leg.
These veins occur when one-way valves in the veins don’t work properly, which leads to blood pooling in the veins.
There are people having Varicose veins without Spider ones and vice versa. However, those with Spider Veins can eventually happen to have Varicose ones.
Who are the likely victims?
Genes and inactivity are key triggers of the two veins mentioned above. Besides, pregnancy, obesity, aging of around 40, or being on feet most of the day also makes one person to have high likelihood of these veins.
In these situations, pressure exerted on the veins causes fatigue of the legs, swelling, and general discomfort. Thus, the existence of Spider and Varicose veins is not merely a cosmetic problem but a warning of long-term health risks, such as deep vein thrombosis (a medical condition in which the flow of blood in the body is blocked by a clot (= half solid mass) of blood), blood clots, poor circulation, and leg swelling.
How to prevent Varicose and Spider Veins?
Any form of exercise would be the best way to get rid of these unwanted veins.
Nowadays, there is an increase in people’s awareness of the importance of ME Day, which is a positive signal showing that people start to take their mental health into consideration. It would be great if we could add LEG Day also so as to maintain good health both mentally and physically.
Some kinds of exercises recommended by experts are circulation boosting aerobic such as swimming, jogging, walking, and climbing stairs.
What are the treatment options and tips to manage Varicose Veins?
So far there are three popular treatments to get rid of Varicose Veins, which are Sclerotherapy, Surgery, and Laser.
- For Sclerotherapy, irritant chemicals injected into the affected veins would make those veins gradually spasm and collapse itself.
- Surgery is often used when a major surface vein is affected. In this case, surgeror will make an incision to reach the vein, then either cuts or ties it, and removes the vein with a special hook.
- Laser, on the other hand, is a non-invasive procedure, in which affected veins are destroyed by laser, or high intensity light.
Your doctor will determine which option mostly suits you.
Preventation is always better than cure. Thus, let’s check it out some daily habits that might actually bring us into troubles:
- Avoid standing for long hours so you can stay away from pressure exerted on the veins.
- Avoid 6-inch stiletto all the time for same reason.
- Get into the habit of wearing compression stockings or panty-hose.Share on Pinterest
- This post is rearranged and paraphrased from article: Gorgeous Leg | MEGAZET App.
- visit me: https://nalinhblog.wordpress.com/
Bài viết nổi bật khác